Amazon Offers Free Cloud Computing Services
As many of you know, Amazon.com was one of the first companies to create a product for the customer of its own internal capacity in excess computing. Thus, in the beginning of the revolution that cloud computing was “pay-as-you-go” scalable hosting service from Amazon. Fast forward to today and the Amazon still has a leading position in the cloud. While other major competitors are certain to catch up and eventually even surpass, Amazonas (ie Microsoft, Google), the company has been a pioneer in this new area of web hosting.
In another move to ensure its leadership position, Amazon has announced that from November 1, 2010 that will offer very low initial offer their services in the central cloud free. Here is how Amazon describes the new offering free Cloud Computing in the Amazon Web Services (AWS), website, “As of November 1 AWS new customers will be able to run a free Micro Amazon EC2 Instance a year, while drawing a new level for free use of Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic load balancing and data transfer of AWS. ”
Specific services offered for free are:
• 750 hours of use Amazon EC2 Instance Linux Micro (613 MB memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform) – sufficient hours continuously each month
• 750 hours of an elastic load balancer plus 15 GB of data processing
• 10 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 1,000,000 E / S, 1 GB of storage snapshots, instantly get 10,000 applications and 1,000 applications for instant Place
• 5 GB of storage for Amazon S3, 20,000 GET requests, and 2,000 PUT requests
Internet • 30 GB data transfer (15 GB data transfer “on” and 15 GB data transfer “out” across all services except Amazon CloudFront)
• Amazon SimpleDB Machine 25 hours and 1 GB storage
• 100,000 applications for the Amazon Queue Service Simple
• 100,000 applications, 100,000 and 1,000 HTTP notifications by e-mail notifications of Amazon Simple Notification Service
While free hosting services have existed for years, and the use of free services or months of hosting to win customers is widespread as evidenced by the promotions currently running dedicated web hosting company 34SP.com, HostGator and IPage. However, the Cloud Computing model has not adopted this form of marketing so far. This election is more difference in marketing AWS to Amazon products of its competitors. As noted by Forrester Research, this low barrier to adoption may be all that Amazon has to attract a much wider base of potential customers for its range of Cloud. Forrester said, “Free is sticky. When deciding what public cloud platform you want to be housed, how can you argue with one that does not cost anything when traffic is low?”. Cloud Computing look for other companies to intervene in this battle of marketing in the near future.
Tags: amazon, amazon elastic, amazon elastic block, aws, cloud, cloud computing, computing, data, data transfer, elastic, free, gb, gb of amazon, gb of data, hosting, hours, requests, services, storage, transfer