Modius Offers Financial Assistance to Help Data Center Managers Upgrade Legacy Monitoring Software
San Francisco – modius Inc., the leading provider of integrated solutions for measuring the performance of surveillance equipment critical infrastructure in distributed data centers and computing, today announced the introduction of an innovative package migration for users of the legacy of central data monitoring solutions. Modius is offering financial incentives combined with a suite of integration modules to retrieve and convert data from deployed solutions for legacy upgrades.
“Every day we hear of managers of data centers that are struggling with the economy of maintaining their legacy surveillance systems. They are frustrated because they can not profitably add new equipment to these systems, or provide your IT equipment and management with critical environmental data for capacity planning and fault management, “said Donald KIein, VP of Business Development modius. “We decided to tackle this problem head on by creating a migration package that allows administrators to update their systems to modius OpenData while leveraging the investments already made in the greatest legacy solutions.”
The migration package for modius OpenData allows data center managers to implement a performance management solution global:
• Unify track all types of equipment and the device and eliminate proprietary databases
• Maintain a database of open standards at all sites for reporting and scorecards
• Create alarm integration solutions correlated with SMN or other systems management tools
• Eliminate dependence on call professional services from external providers
• Allow internal staff to add new devices to the monitoring system of the device regardless of protocol
The migration package contains two main components: the integration kits for the extraction of data from building management systems (BMS) and other legacy monitoring tools, and financial incentives to cover the costs of maintenance payments in older systems during the transition period for modius OpenData.
• Integration Games: Because many solutions are based on existing monitoring legacy serial connections for devices, some managers find it easier to extract data from these solutions and import the data into modius OpenData instead of trying to replace these connections during the first year of implementation. Modius has created special integration with Modbus, BACnet and other protocols to retrieve this data. With this approach, managers can concentrate on capturing performance data from computers that have not been checked in the past, while the use of data from existing monitoring solutions.
• Financial incentives: In order to help data center managers to minimize the costs of maintaining their existing legacy systems during the transition period, modius is providing special incentives and discounts to help offset the cost of transition. The incentives include but are not limited to waivers of maintenance and other types of discounts on OpenData solution enabling operators to continue to operate their legacy systems during the transition to a single solution.
For more information on packages available OpenData modius migration until the end of 2010, please visit www.modius.com.
Modius Inc. is the leading provider of real-time monitoring and performance management software for infrastructure facilities. modius solutions’ enable and facilities to work with lower energy costs, expand capacity and improve availability of IT services. Modius flagship product, OpenData ®, all monitors power distribution, cooling and environmental sensing equipment from a single console, providing general operational intelligence for the unified analysis and performance metrics. OpenData ® captures and stores the health data and thermal energy consumption of a wide range of infrastructure devices and sensor sites, providing real-time control for data centers, call centers, servers and cabinets mechanical meters.
Tags: center, center managers, data, data center, data center managers, during, during the transition, equipment, existing, financial incentives, incentives, integration, legacy, legacy monitoring, legacy systems during, management, managers, migration, migration package, modius, modius opendata, monitoring, monitoring solutions, opendata, package, performance, solutions, systems, systems during, transition